Heroin drought UK 2010/2011 life goes on (reluctantly)

THERE IS A TERRIBLE SHORTAGE of heroin of even half decent quality here in London. When London can't get it, the drought is usually nationwide.

The first signs started maybe two months ago. The last two weeks have been worse and worse. Total drought. I knew one person with what I considered crap. Then I found out it was the best around.

Then I got stung four days in a row. "Heroin" that just swirled browny-black dye in the spoon, runs along foil, though I don't smoke it I'm willing to test a tiny bit. But not with the highly distinctive, slightly opiumy smell of brown heroin base.

In previous droughts, by using extreme discrimination and basically by asking around, I usually managed to get the best stuff that was going about. When I looked for it. And there was still good stuff going about, albeit in tiny quantities, amongst all the rubbish.

The normal gear we get looks light browny-beige. A lot of the best stuff used to look indistinguishable from cat-litter (grey) but that was a few years ago. I have seen heroin in every colour from stark white to near midnight black.

A few days ago I was almost happy with the situation. Oh good now's my chance.

I was getting fed up of sticking needles in the back of my knees, between my toes, down the sides of my hands, up the back of my thigh where I can't even see.

But now I wake up wailing to myself. I am living on methadone! How can this be! No heroin. All day! Even if I "get" it, I will just be injecting brown water with the faintest opiate teaser. O how can this go on. Why don't normal people just hang themselves and be over with? How can life possibly have any meaning without the Killer B-sting? Akh!

Now I've got to run. Desperate person at door.

Hartlepool Mail, 5 November 2010 "'dirty drugs' warning as heroin supply dries up"
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/39Dirty39-drugs-warning-as-heroin.6614228.jp


ANYONE anywhere, tell me what's happening. Give us idea where you are (not too specific please as all comments have to be moderated). How is it, and if it's bad, how bad - and why you believe that is. I'm also interested in hearing from anyone abroad who can vouch how far this has spread. I think the cause has to do with poppy blight and a ruined harvest in Afghanistan pushing up the kilo-price here... and no doubt across the water too...
YOU DON'T NEED TO LOG IN TO COMMENT.
If you have a blog/facebook/myspace/etc click name/url
To comment under your name, click name url, you can leave url blank
Otherwise click anonymous and you can still comment. Cheers!


Only the 1st 200 are on the 1st scroll down. To get to recent news, click NEWER/NEWST, at v. bottom of comments form.

Sat 17th November 2010
WHERE'S ALL THE NEW COMMENTS GONE? WE ALL NEED UPDATES ON THE SITUATION, NATIONWISE. I WILL UPDATE COMMENTS EVERY 3-4 HOURS OR SO. (NO SLEEP PATTERN, HARHAR!)
MORE NEWS/COMMENTS, PLEASE.
ALL YOUR COMMENTS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

MADONNA-HUNG UP
Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...
I'm hung up on you...




4 February 2011

Here's some Classic Choonz from "my day" (those kids on pirate radio who call it "old skool" really make me feel ancient) anyone like/remember these?

THE ORB: LITTLE FLUFFY CLOUDS (DANNY TENGALIA MIX)
some beautiful scenery in this ...



FUTURE SOUND OF LONON: PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Lizzy I found the video!
i like the style of psychedelic montage here




URBAN SHAKEDOWN: SOME JUSTICE
DJ Mickey Finn was involved in this track. Video (little man armwaving bits) shows nearest I've ever seen to true acid tripping on film...
(anyone who knows a better example, please name it i'm interested also any ketamine films? other then Tron..?)





DROUGHT NEWS FEB 4 2011
far as I know gear is still rank by early last year standards, but far more reliable than a couple of months ago. i really can't be bothered with it, which is why i have to go on what i heard. a certain guy i know with a 30 yr plus habit who's on methadone buys the odd bit now and then and says today's stuff with one exception that came from Essex is SHIT compared to what it used to be, the Essex stuff sounds like a fluke...

to all you out there you have my sympathy, i know the life i lived it long enough i'm still a junkie just a juice-drinking one. and my veins had pretty much gone and i'm not into smoking it. (and for the record going on the needle is my biggest regret, after going on gear...)
 
Penyamun