To tell you of something, me

1. The weekend has been kind in offering not only some relaxing time but perhaps some momentous time-capsuling moments for the Gulf ...


- It seems the gulf has had a great celebratory few days with the Queen visiting Abu Dhabi and Oman while Oman's King has been celebrating his 40 years of ruling, UAE celebrating its 39th Birthday and dear Qatar celebrates its win for the 2022 FIFA world cup. 



- For non-nationals, its an act of balancing the scales between the joy of winning the 2022 and the strengthening Riyal which will only become stronger now with all the open doors the World cup brings. Good luck to the exchange market. I saw the dollar dip :)  Have a look at this article.


So if you want to read up on more on Oman, visit either Dhofari Gucci or Oman - travels into Oman. For UAE blogs, visit Al-Emirati-A local take on the world or Somalian Arab princess. There is also Rationality and Khaleejia's blog to take note of.


I saw some really beautiful pictures of Saudi, composed by Blue Abaya which I want to share with you - I am sure you will savor them too, as I did -  have a look here. May Allah also heal the Saudi King soon, Inshallah wa Allahu A3lam. By the way, my other favourite Saudi blogger is With a Saudi accent


2. I been busy with my Fujitsu Project tasks which has been quiet exciting. If you still interested in seeing what others along with myself have been up to, visit the Lifebook4Life blog.


3. Yesterday I had a strange desire to have some pumpkin (something I miss from back home because its so much more popular there than it is here) - so I proudly cooked some lamb and pumpkin. It is also been a point for me to get back to healthy eating as I somehow succumbed to a lazy lifestyle since I been away from home, so lets see how long this lasts. 


4. I been catching up on some knowledge quests on technology and life - educating myself on odd mind boggling questions. 


5. I been silently reading your blogs and commenting here and there but I do apologize for being quiet - I am the type of person who occasionally slips away into silent thinking with myself. I am very mindful I cut off the big world but I just don't feel like talking - just sometimes I want to not talk:) I been regrouping my thoughts, my plans and trying to center myself again...its a very hard thing to do for a person like me who lives each day for each day.


6. I want you all to read this post by All my wonders - somehow maybe slightly off topic but with good intent as the post was written perfectly. A true lesson that deserves to be shared.


7. I been missing home so much recently and hoping to be back there soon again, Inshallah. I been craving Tinkies, my mommy's love & food & everyone else at home! It has also been a self-realisation that I never really introduced you all to my dear South African Blogger friends -  so here they are if any of you are interested in reading their blogs (which are great by the way): Crafty Muslimah, Girl Talk 786, Muslim Woman Exposed, The Diaries of Bint Mahmood, The Searching Slave & Cake Mama (although she is not writing right now - wish she would come back).


8. Another self-realisation is that I am not centered or patient when I don't read my salaat which has further re-iterated the importance of Allah in my life. I really love Allah and thank Him so much for standing by me in everything I do. Allah az wa jal.


9. Have a thoughtful, appreciative, super fantastic week ahead - Can you believe its December already - my gosh...Here's come 2011 in days!


 
Penyamun